I was approached to do a review for The Penelope Rose, which is 3D (no special glasses needed) Story Book that you can purchase for the Mac, iPhone or iPad. I reviewed it on the iPad. Now it’s for kids, but I love faeries so I was drawn to the review for myself LOL. But Hunter has been playing it a lot and really really loves it.
On each page it will read you the little bit of story line, and than you can just click around and interact with what is on the screen. There are hidden pixies to find on each level! There is also a page that will tell you what you have left to find, though I know Hunter at 3, doesn’t really care about that. We had so much fun exploring the book together the first time around. Painting the roses because they had no color, flinging pixies, making the Gremlins heart change… and maybe Hunter’s favorite, touching the butterflies and they would go into the colored roses and say “Ouch!” among other things. He was laughing hysterically at the point!
Now you may wonder how this book is 3D? Well you can tilt the screen and it changes the view slightly. You can find the pixies better by doing that. But there is depth to this game and layers. It is such a beautifully drawn game that both adults and children are going to like it. Hunter was excited to show the book to Daddy when he got home, and Cory was duly impressed as well with the quality of the game.
The book has just received the honor of being featured in the Apple Store! Which I am so happy, because more people are going to see this amazing book and enjoy it!
The Penelope Rose, made by Mobad Games, can be purchased at:
Also if you want to watch a video of the game so you can really see it in action than watch this:
WIN IT! Three lucky readers of Being Alison is going to win codes for The Penelope Rose!
Giveaway is open to anyone with a iPhone/iPad/Mac. Giveaway will end on 4/28 at 11:59PM PST. Please leave a separate comment for each entry.
Mandatory entry: I want to know who you are going to read this magical book with!
- 3 entries: Follow via GFC/RSS Feed
- 3 entries: Subscribe by email
- 2 entries: Like Being Alison on Facebook.
- 1 entry: Like this post (can be found at the bottom)
- 2 entries: Follow Being Alison on Twitter.
- Can be done twice daily, there must be 3 hours between tweets. Tweet: 3 people will #win a code for The Penelope Rose. A magical 3D storybook for the iPad/iPhone. http://goo.gl/fbr9e #giveaway
- Can be done 10 times for 1 entry each time: Leave a comment on a non-giveaway post (Come back and let me know that you did!)
- 1 entry each: Enter any other giveaway (Or already entered)
- 5 entries: Blog about this giveaway and link back to Being Alison
Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book in order to write my review. No other compensation was provided.