It’s winter time so I am using my slow cooker as much as possible. Plus I love how I can get dinner out of the way earlier in the day, because sometimes I do not want to cook later in the day because I’m tired!
This recipe can be for breakfast of course, but I used it for dinner. Because I’m cool like that.
- 1 Can of Campbell’s Cream of Chicken
- Fresh Broccoli chopped up (however much you want, I used 2 decent sized broccoli crowns)
- 8 oz of shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 whole onion finely chopped
- Half a stick of butter
- 6 eggs
- Package of Bacon
- ½ tsp salt
- extra shredded cheese optional
- Cook all of your bacon. I use the oven to cook it all at once. 350 for 30 minutes. Check near the end though so they don’t burn. Then cut the bacon into pieces.
- Use a slow cooker liner or just lightly grease the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream of chicken, broccoli, 2 cups of cheddar cheese, flour, chopped onion, bacon and salt with a large wooden spoon.
- Place the butter in a small microwave-safe glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on High for 30 seconds, or until melted. Use potholders to remove the bowl.
- Carefully pour the now melted butter into the broccoli mixture.
- Crack the eggs into a separate medium-sized mixing bowl. Whisk until well mixed. Carefully pour the eggs into the broccoli mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon the broccoli mixture into the your slow cooker. Cover. Cook on High for 1 hour.
- Using a potholder, take off the lid and stir the broccoli mixture.
- Once you’ve stirred the food, cover the slow cooker. Turn the heat to Low.
- Cook 2½ to 3 hours on Low until the eggs are set. You will know that the Quiche is set if you move the slow cooker gently and the food does not move!
- Sprinkle with extra shredded cheese, if you want, and serve.
Also the leftovers for this Quiche are I think better than right after I cook it! I think next time I will double the recipe so I can have more leftovers to enjoy! Plus there are so many ways you can make this by adding in ingredients that you would really enjoy. Easy to play around with!