The fall is right around the corner which means I am getting ready to use my Slow Cooker more often. I love how it’s easy to make a great meal in the morning, so that when I’m busy and tired by dinner time, I already have a meal ready for my family to enjoy. Plus there is less dishes to do, because they are all done by the time dinner rolls around. Which means I get more time to rest and relax with my family in the evening.
So Kraft wanted me to use my Slow Cooker and create a recipe. I decided I wanted to make a stew as my recipe, because I wanted something hearty that will especially be nice in the winter time. It’s a pretty simple recipe but it packs a lot of flavor!
- 1lb of Chicken Breast (chopped)
- 2 Potatoes (chopped)
- 4 oz of Chives (chopped)
- 1 Small Onion (diced)
- 3 cans of Cream of Chicken
- 1 16 oz PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
- 8 oz baby carrots (chopped)
- Add the Chopped Potatoes to the bottom of your slow cooker
- Add chopped carrot
- Add in chopped chicken, diced onions and chopped onion
- On top add the 3 cans of cream of chicken
- Cook on Low Setting for 5 hours
- Remove lid, stir then add your PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
- Let cook another hour on low then stir again
- Serve (you can add additional garnish of chives on top)
This stew came out great! My husband really enjoyed it and said that I can make it again! The kids had to be made to try it, because they are picky with new things, but once they had some they really loved it. It’s nice to have a new recipe that I can make with my slow cooker.
If you are looking for other Slow Cooker Chicken meals Kraft has a bunch of great ones. Also they have other soup recipes as well. I’ll be pinning stuff from both so I can try some new things this year.
Note: I am a Kraft Recipe Maker and I am being compensated for my time in creating and writing these recipe posts. All opinions are my own.