Smash Your Food is a great new app that has just recently been released. The App is the winner of Michelle Obama’s Apps for Healthy Children, this fun and exciting mobile game encourages families to smash real foods—burgers, cola, french fries and entire meals. When they smash common foods, they see and hear for themselves the startling amounts of sugar, salt and oil they contain.
There are 2 versions of Smash Your Food. A free version and a paid version for $2.99. The paid version of course unlocks some extras.
With inventive graphics and a unique real-life “smashing” process, Smash Your Food helps children make smart choices by:
- Inviting kids to guess the amount of sugar, salt and oil in some of their favorite foods, and then “smash” them into a mushy pile to learn the actual totals
- Watching HD videos with real food!
- Featuring 40 foods on 5 levels – burgers, doughnuts, milkshakes and entire meals –that kids can smash into smithereens (paid version)
- Revealing eye-popping, educational facts, such as there are 25 cubes of sugar in a medium-size milkshake and 16 teaspoons of oil in a serving of chili cheese fries
- Providing parents with personalized emails delivering nutrition-rich information instructing them on how to integrate healthy habits into their family’s lifestyle (paid version)
This will be a great and fun tool to really get kids to realize what they are putting in their bodies. It will I’m sure help out adults too! We usually don’t realize how much junk we are putting into ourselves.
I downloaded the free version so I can check it out. It’s great! I love the visuals. Of course Hunter checked it out too, and he had a lot of fun smashing the food. It makes it fun for the kids, but they are learning something at the same time! That’s a win win for me.