This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are 100% mine.
Everyone is trying to plan what they are going to be making for the big Game Day! Maybe have a Pinterest board full of game day recipes? Well I am here to help you along with Avocados from Mexico. I’m going to share a great recipe that they have, that maybe you will want to include on your Game Day menu!
I made the most delish recipe ever. It’s the Smoked Salmon Guacamole recipe. It’s super easy to make and well so good. I’m having some right now as I’m writing this post!
- 2 fully ripened avocados from Mexico, halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper (I didn’t use any because I liked the way it tasted without any.)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
- Pita chips (I couldn’t find any so I went to the Gluten-Free section of my grocery store and picked up Riceworks chips. They are sooo good!)
- In a large bowl, combine avocados and lemon juice.
- With a fork, coarsely mash.
- Add onion, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic and salt; stir until just combined.
- Add salmon; stir.
- Serve with pita chips or any chips!
I guess I never realized how easy it was to make Guacamole! I am going to have to make it more often, because it was easy and just delicious. I had a Guacamole burger at Chili’s when we ate there the other night! Delicious! Though I bet I could make it better at home!
If you are hosting or making a dish for the bid game day, let me know what you are making with avocados!