I am so excited for the free Clare Crespo Cookbook! The Clare Crespo Cookbook is full of fun, whimsical, step-by-step recipes that families are sure to love. I know I found a ton of great recipes that my boys, and the whole family are going to adore! Plus it’s fun to make the food more fun and delicious. Less picky fights and more eating, which is always a good thing!
I decided to make something that I know my boys are going to love! And it’s so adorable that they would get a kick out of it too.
It’s called Peas & Thank You.
- 7 carrots peeled
- 2 Tbsp Country Crock Spread
- 2 Shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 pound of frozen green peas, thawed (or about 3 cups fresh peas)
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley or mint
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Using a small paring knife cut a small “v” shaped wedge out of the length of the carrot. Trim the lower 2 sides of the carrot to make a point (this will be the bottom of the heart). Slice carrots into pieces. Repeat these steps with remaining carrots
- Head Country Crock Spread in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add shallots. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add water and carrots and continue to cook until carrots are tender, about 8 minutes. Add peas and cook until heated through, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in parsley or mint and black pepper.
Viola you are done! Now I usually don’t cry while cutting onions, but man those shallots really got to me! I also learned I’m not very good at cutting carrots into hearts. But at least this meal was made with love and my boys adored it.
Something quick and easy to make, but a little creativity to be thrown in there to make those kids want to eat it! I can’t wait to try out the other recipes in the Clare Crespon cookbook!
Even when I’m not making a recipe, and we are just having a plain veggie on the side. My kids love it when I put Country Crock on them! Actually 8 out of 10 kids think veggies are more delicious when Country Crock is on them! I also even put it on our Rice. I love the taste on that myself!
Are you looking for quick and simple tips and recipes to make serving veggies more fun? Download the free Clare Crespo Cookbook here for fun and whimsical recipes your family is sure to love!