We are all about dental hygiene in my household. We will be making an appointment and taking Hunter to the dentist this summer. Hopefully he will not be terrified, and we will be talking about what will happen before hand to prepare him. But what can you do at home?
- Brush twice a day with an ADA â€” accepted fluoride toothpaste to remove plaque-the sticky film on teeth that’s the main cause of tooth decay.
- Floss daily to remove plaque from between your teeth and under the gumline, before it can harden into tartar. Once tartar has formed, it can only be removed by a professional cleaning.
- Eat a well-balanced diet that limits starchy or sugary foods, which produce plaque acids that cause tooth decay. When you do eat these foods, try to eat them with your meal instead of as a snack-the extra saliva produced during a meal helps rinse food from the mouth.
- Use dental products that contain fluoride, including toothpaste.
- Make sure that your children’s drinking water is fluoridated. If your water supply; municipal, well or bottled does not contain fluoride, your dentist or pediatrician may prescribe daily fluoride supplements.
For more tips for infants to adults head to the Colgate Oral Care Center.
Popular Topics Regarding YourÂ Mouth!
- Bad Breath is one of Colgateâ€™s most popular topics.Â Here youâ€™ll find information outlining the causes and treatments for halitosis, plus a fun quiz that can help you tell someone they have bad breath without hurting their feelings.
- Gum Disease is the leading cause of tooth loss, yet most people know nothing about it. Weâ€™ll teach you what it is, plus simple ways to detect and prevent it. Click here for more information. Also check our quiz to find out how much you know about gum disease.
- Sensitive Teeth: Almost half the population suffers from tooth sensitivity and many accept it as normal. The good news is that sensitivity can be treated with simple in-office and at-home treatments.Â For more information click here.
- Oral care for children: The oral care needs of children are in constant change. Here you will learn how to care for your child from first tooth to braces. Check Smiles at Every age , a guide to your childâ€™s oral health.
- Whitening : Learn about different teeth whitening methods and get a personal whitening evaluation to help you achieve a whiter, brighter smile.
Colgate is offering one of my readers a Colgate Smile Pack that has a little something in it for the whole family! What is in the gift pack you ask?
- Visible White
- Colgate Total Advanced Whitening
- Colgate Motion Whitening Battery Powered toothbrush
- Colgate Sensitive Enamel Protect
- Colgate 360 sensitive toothbrush
- Dora the explorer and Sponge Bob square pants toothpaste
- 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush
- Colgate Total Mint Stripe
- Colgate Max Fresh Cool Mint
Please leave one comment per entry. Open to US and Canadian residents. The giveaway will end on 7/2/2010 at 7pm EST. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email before I choose a new winner.
Mandatory Entry: Just tell me what you favorite Colgate product is, or what you wish they would make!
Follow Being Alison via GFC (3 Entries)
Follow via RSS Feed (1 entry)
Like Being Alison on Facebook ( 2 entries)
Follow Being Alison on Twitter (3 entries)
Tweet this Giveaway(First time you get 2 entries after that you can tweet once a day for another 1 entry) â€“ ” I entered to win a Colgate Smile Gift Pack @BeingAlison ! You can enter too at http://beingalison.com/?p=1264 Open to US and Canada ”
Have my new blog button on your blog. (Please actually have more than just 1 follower, I will be checking to see if you are an actual blog or just one posting up giveaways to say that you did to get the credit.) (3 entries)
Disclaimer: I did not receive anything to host this giveaway. I just think itâ€™s a great prize for my readers. M80 and Colgate are responsible to getting the prize pack to the winner. Thank you M80 for this wonderful opportunity!