I am a Pinterest lover for doing my meal plans. So when I saw this great Slow Cooker recipe for Creamy Caesar Sandwiches I decided to make it. Of course I did things a little differently to add my own flare! But it’s something my husband and I liked. I didn’t even give Landon and Hunter any because I knew they wouldn’t like it. What I did though was take some of the chicken before I added the Caesar dressing, and set it aside for them, plain. Also made them some spaghetti and they had chicken and spaghetti. I didn’t really have to do anything extra for their meal, and we were all happy.
Anyways on to the food!
I want to also share with you that I was inspired by the Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches.
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts
- 1 bottle of Caesar Dressing
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley (if you don’t have fresh use around 2 teaspoons of dried parsley)
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 4-6 regular sized hamburger buns
- Place chicken with ½ cups of water into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low for 4-6 hours.
- Take chicken out of slow cooker with a slotted spoon. Place chicken on a cutting board and pull chicken into shreds, discarding any fat.
- Put chicken back in the slow cooker and pour Caesar Dressing, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper over the top. You may not need the full bottle, it depends on how creamy you want it and how much chicken you have. Stir until mixed evenly.
- Cover and cook on High for 30 minutes or until mixture is hot.
- Spoon mixture onto each bun. Top with extra shredded Parmesan cheese and the romaine lettuce to serve.