I am in love with Guy Fieri, his show, Diners, Drive-ins and Dive, is about the only show on the Food Network that I watch. I love his style, his personality and I just relate to him. A funny fact! His 2 sons are Ryder and Hunter. I have a Hunter and Landon… well his name was going to be Ryder until we changed it at last minute. Seriously I think that is awesome that we like the same kids names. And Tattoos. I have such a crush on him! Le sigh.
Now I got to review his new cookbook called Guy Fieri Food and I am in love. It’s nice, because it’s not just the recipes. There are great tips and tricks. Before you even start getting into a recipe he takes you through his thought process of how that recipe came to be. Plus there are lots of pictures of the tattoos and just him. It’s a cookbook that is unlike any other. It’s perfect for me!
I’m going to be sharing a few recipes with you as I’m trying them out in the book. The first one is the Bloody Mary Flank Steak.
- 1 cup vegetable juice (recommended: V-8)
- ½ cup vodka
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-pound flank steak
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients except for the flank steak in a big bowl. Pour half of the marinate into a 1-gallon zip lock bag.Before you add the flank steak, to the bag, make sure you stab if all over with a fork so the marinate really gets in there. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 and up to 24 hours. Now with the other half of the marinate you are going to want to cook it for 10-15 minutes until it reduces to half and than store it in the fridge for a sauce when you cook it.
- Preheat the grill to high or heat a skillet over high heat. Remove the flank steak from the marinade and wipe the excess liquid off with paper towels. Grill or pan sear both sides for 3 minutes, then lower heat to medium and cook to medium rare about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let the flanks steak rest, covered in foil for 5 to 10 minutes. Cut on the bias against the grain and serve with the sauce if you want.
I felt like a real chef with this meal! So easy, so beautiful. My husband said that he could see this steak in a restaurant. So first recipe down. I am excited for the next one I’m going to choose out of the cookbook. Which has 150 recipes in it. 149 more great recipes to go. So excited!
Disclaimer: I received the Guy Fieri Food cookbook in order to write my review. No other compensation was provided.